EDINBURG – Those flames now sparking questions about the legitimacy of the establishment and if they are following county codes. It happened at around 3:30 p.m. along FM 493 and Roger Road. Initial reports were that an explosion caused the blaze.

What authorities say is that a worker’s blow torch may have sparked the quickly escalating flames.

“It wasn’t an explosion, but a fire that grew very quickly. There seems to be some code violations here,” says Juan Martinez, Hidalgo Co. Fire marshal

Two neighbors were taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation but are expected to be okay.

Fire marshal Martinez adds that fines are pending and charges may follow pending a further investigation into their establishment.