Tag: Red Cross

McAllen Fire Leaves 15 Without A Home

MCALLEN (KFXV) — An apartment complex caught on fire this afternoon, displacing more than 15 people. At the scene, the top of the apartment complex was completely destroyed and residents are scared now that more than 15 people no longer have a home. Melinda Guillen is one of the residents that lost her home due to the fire. According to authorities, the fire initiated around 2pm where one apartment caught ablaze and then quickly spread to 11 more units. With a collapsed roof and 35-40 firefighters who were at the scene trying to terminate the flames, firefighters were successful...

Read More

Fire displaces Two Families in Donna

Donna (KFXV) – The fire department responded to a blaze at an apartment complex on Silver and 17th street. According to officials the fire remains under investigation and destroyed two apartment units. Both families that lived there were displaced. The Red Cross responded to offer resources and help to the...

Read More

Electric Short Causes Mission House Fire

The man inside was able to escape just moments after the roof had engulfed in flames. This video sent to us by a Fox 2 viewer driving by as the home burst into flames. Moments later as firefighters we’re still battling the blaze. Seventy-two year old William Kemp was inside his home when a neighbor banged on his door and told him to get out. “When the guy was banging on the door said you’re house was on fire. I was watching TV at the time about,” explains Kemp. It took hours for firefighters to control and put out...

Read More

Family Loses Home to Fire in Edcouch

Edcouch – A family lost their home yesterday afternoon. This happened on the 300 block of Atkins Avenue around 2 pm. The Gonzalez family had just purchased the home two weeks ago. No one was present at the time of the incident. The family tells us that two of their dogs were inside and didn’t survive. Among the damages was their family car. They’re receiving assistance from the Red Cross organization. Officials say an electrical issue could be the cause of the...

Read More

Fire Consumes Edinburg Home

This is the precise moment when the fire consumed the home, leaving it in ashes. Josue was boiling water for coffee when the unexpected happened. “I went to the restroom and when I came back out there was fire”  — Josue Perez Josue had just purchased mobile home two months ago and was still remodeling the house. According to the Edinburg fire department, the incident happened on the 2300 block of Eva Street around 11:50 this morning. Four Adults and Three Children lived inside the house. The youngest one is one year old. “Upon arrival we had smoking showing...

Read More
  • 1
  • 2