Tag: fire

Fire Damages Several Structures in Weslaco

Weslaco (KFXV) — The Fire Marshall tell us illegal burning had fire departments from several cities battling a blaze. The Fire Marshall said the grass fire got out of control and spread destroying to mobile homes in two barns near mile 11 and 6 West. Authorities asked neighbors to evacuate. “A gentleman is burning in a pit. His burn permit was revoked because he was burning outside of the times and he was burning materials which he shouldn’t have been burning.” – Jon Franz (Fire Marshall) Fire Crews from Elsa, Weslaco, and Mercedes assisted. No injuries are being...

Read More

Flames Consume Mission Home

Mission (KFXV) — Fox News has learned a fire broke out at a home on Trosper Rd. and Mile 4 Road. These are images of police along with fire and EMS at the scene. No injuries are being reported and we do not know at this time how severe the fire was or if anyone was inside the home at the time. We have reached out to Mission Police for further details but as of the start of our broadcast we have not heard back, we will continue to follow this story and bring you the...

Read More

Fire displaces Two Families in Donna

Donna (KFXV) – The fire department responded to a blaze at an apartment complex on Silver and 17th street. According to officials the fire remains under investigation and destroyed two apartment units. Both families that lived there were displaced. The Red Cross responded to offer resources and help to the...

Read More

Vehicle Blaze under investigation

Weslaco (KFXV) – Authorities are investigating a blaze that happened after a vehicle collision in Weslaco. The accident happened to near mile 12 1/2 and FM 2015 in the north side of the city on Saturday evening. According to the Weslaco fire department, upon arrival firefighters found a vehicle completely engulfed in flames on the roadway. A bystander pulled the driver out of the vehicle before emergency crews arrived at the scene. Only minor injuries were...

Read More

Student Pours Gas On Self During Class

PSJA (KFXV) — A high school student was transported to a local hospital after he doused himself with gasoline in front of his classmates. It happened during a morning fine arts class, we’ve been told he intended to set himself on fire. Thanks to a quick response from fellow classmates, he did not cause harm to himself or others. Faculty members and students secured the area and that part of the building was evacuated.  The San Juan Fire and Police Departments and EMS immediately responded. The spilled gas was removed and the area was ventilated. School administration called parents to...

Read More