Mission (KFXV) Authorities are investigating a house fire that leaves a family homeless tonight.

Fire fighters put out the blaze or so they thought — it sparked again minutes after they left.

A Fox 2 News reporter spoke to the homeowner about the fire when all of a sudden smoke was seen and the homeowner called 911 again.

The fire first sparked while her three kids were playing outside and she was doing laundry around 12 this afternoon.

Around 3pm this afternoon it sparked again having fire officials come back to the 94 hundred block of Minnesota Road.

According to the Alton Fire Chief, they have responded to 30 electrical fires that have been similar to this one.

Luckily noone was hurt. The Red Cross is helping the family.