Edinburg Court House Evacuated After Heavy Smoke Expanded
EDINBURG – The Hidalgo County courthouse was evacuated today after heavy smoke started to expand in the second story. The Edinburg fire department responded to the scene shortly after 10 am today.
The smoke was heavily present at the 389th district court. No flames were found. According to fire authorities the heater and collected dust caused the unit to overheat.
Everyone was evacuated as a precaution but operations resumed at around 1 pm.