Construction Light to Blame for McAllen IHOP Fire
New details on the fire that ripped through a McAllen IHOP last night.
Fox 2 cameras were rolling around 8:45 pm outside the IHOP located on savannah and 10th streets. You can see the flames shooting through the roof. McAllen Fire Chief Rafael Balderas tells us the fire was started by a construction light left upside down on the building roof. The fire quickly spread to the attic space of the building, making battling flames very difficult.
The flames were eventually extinguished. No injuries are reported.